Installing Renogy Solar Panels to our
Sprinter Van Conversion
Building out a van you have lots of different options when it comes to power. We decided to run our entire electrical system on Solar Power using the Renogy 100 Watt Solar Panels and Renogy Rover Solar Controller.
Using these components we are able to charge our 3, 100 AH LiFePO4 Battle Born Batteries.
If you are considering mounting solar for your van conversion you have many options for mounting systems. On our latest van we wanted to incorporate the Aluminess Roof Rack for additional storage space and they also make a great platform for having a drink, taking photos and mounting your solar panels. Aluminess even makes clamp on solar mounts for seamless integration of your solar panels.
In the video below I walk you through the process of installing our panels to the mounts, the mounts to rack as well as running the wires through the roof using waterproof cable clams.
- Renogy 400 Watt Starter Kit
- Aluminess Stock 170" High Roof Sprinter Rack
- Aluminess Clamp on Solar Mounts
- 1 Pair Renogy Connectors
- 14, 3/4 " #10 Stainless Steel Bolts, Washers, Lock Washers & Nuts
- Permatex 24200 Medium Strength Threadlocker Blue
- 2, Blue Sea Systems CableClam
- 20 Ft of 8 AWG Wire